We were finally able to put up out Christmas tree. It's simple and looks perfect. (I seriously don't understand the terribly overstuffed look. You can't even tell there's a tree underneath those huge ornaments and ribbon sometimes!) To my suprise - Kris actually helped! He's usually watching Sports Center while sitting NEXT to us as we decorate. Not this year though. :c) He helped do it all while we watched the cartoon classics - Rudolph, Frosty, and so on. He even acted as a ladder to help Em put on the star.
Speaking of Christmas...
We finally got an Elf on the Shelf. I figure Emma's old enough to understand it this year, so why not? And guess what? She loves it! Whoever invented this -- I want to kiss you! We look forward to seeing her face when she finds him each morning.
I need some advice too. Do y'all think an iPod touch is a bit much for a 4 year old? I'm debating. It wouldn't be a new fancy-shmancy one. Probably a 1st or 2nd Generation from Ebay, but everytime I go online to purchase it I think, "Does she even need this? She's only 4 for God's sake!". I know she'd only use it for games and music (which we would regulate), but I'm at a stand-still. Advice? Help!
Now on to the lovely part when I get to explain about my wonderful visit to the hospital in New Orleans. (Did y'all catch my sarcasm there?) Yep, it's true. I spent some time in the West Jeff. ER Saturday night.
Allergic reaction. Almond extract in some cake. Blah.
(Nicole, if you're reading this - please do not feel bad. That was quite possibly the BEST cake ever!) I'm allergic to tree nuts. Ya' know...the stuff that smells and looks heavenly -- like roasted almonds or pecan pie. Bummer. But hey, at least It wasn't horrible. Two shots and two pills later I'd stopped itching and was able to relax. To bad the Epinepherine made Amelia turn into a little jumping bean in my belly. Poor thing. I'm sure everyone in the waiting room thought I was being admitted for a totally different reason.
I walked in itching like crazy and walked out shaking! haha
She dressed herself. Yowsa!

So cute!!! Emma is such a cutie pie!! :)
ReplyDelete