Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New year, new...ummm?

As I sit here seriously thinking about the New Year, I have to laugh out loud. Literally! I just realized that I have not made a New Year's Resolution in the last few years and I have no desire to have one now. All I can think about is this article I read on ThoughtCatalog.com about 20 New Year's Resolutions for 20-Somethings. Best resolution article - ever!

(Check it out --->here! You won't be dissapointed. I assure you.)

BUT - even though I don't have the desire to have a resolution this year that I'll forget about or stop following by the week's end, I've decided to do something instead. I've made a list of 10 things I want to improve on or do this year that have nothing to do with making me a better person directly. I refuse to put the cliche' "lose weight" or "excercise more". So here goes...

1)   Volunteer 5 hours to the local homeless shelter, hospital, or library.
2)   Tell someone I love, that I love them as many times this year as possible. To their face.
3)   Plant a flower garden with Emma. I think she'd enjoy it tremendously.
4)   Go through our closets and give anything we don't need or use to The Haven.
5)   Volunteer to host a dinner for our friends once a month, and actually make it happen.
6)   Bring Emma to the library at least once a week. I hope she enjoys reading like I do. (Thanks Dad!)
7)   Not get on Facebook twice a week. (It's a weakness y'all!) I'll spend that time reading to Emma instead.
8)   Set up a date night for my siblings/in-laws with their spouses and offer to babysit, without being asked.
9)   Try one new recipe a week. This one's more for the hubby and Em. Poor things probably get tired of the same ol' thing. :c/
10) Bring flowers once a month to someone who needs it. For no reason other than to see them smile. Because everyone deserves happiness.
       Even if it's in small doses.

So, that's it for my sappy post on New Year's resolutions and whatnot. I sure hope I didn't bore y'all to tears. Let's see if I can make it through at least eight five of these by the time 2013 rolls around.

(Best Friends)
(Singing Taylor Swift - Karaoke)
(She loves her Paw Paw Buddy)

Hope y'all have a wonderful New Year! :c)


No comments:

Post a Comment