Monday, June 29, 2015

Transplants

A couple months ago Kris came to me with some news. We needed to make a pretty big decision, or at least begin talking about the possibility of something big happening. So we did. We prayed about it. We talked about it. We slept on it. Prayed and talked some more, and then we made the decision.

We are now Texas transplants. At first I was excited for the opportunity. Then I was nervous because, let's be honest, it's not exactly one town over and I can't just call my momma when I want to see her for lunch. We're talking hours away from our immediate families. Then I was overwhelmed. We had ONE MONTH to pack our entire 6 bedroom house, find an apartment, and move everything to TX. Seems easy, right? NOPE. Try packing your kid's rooms with them there and trying to "help". I use that term loosely because their help consisted of playing with every single thing I took out to pack. Seriously, everything. Thank God for family who came in to help us out. Seriously, THANK YOU y'all. Whether you babysat, helped pack, paint, whatever -- you guys rock! So, here we are...small town Louisianians turned Texas transplants and we are very happy. Sure, we miss everyone but let me tell you what we have gained...

My husband is home every night and weekend. With us. With my babies. That in itself was worth every drop of sweat and tear shed.

My kids will learn a new culture (while still learning and valuing LA's culture - I promise).

I get to be home with my littles every day. No more leaving them early and coming home late. That is the best gift my husband has given me in this move. I am very blessed, and believe me, I know it!

My kids will have a better school system to learn and grow in.

We live in a great community and city with a "homey feel" that I can't wait to explore.

We aren't terribly far from home and can drive home when we want to or need to. (See y'all soon!)

We have friends here already and we're looking forward to making more.

I mean, seriously...I could continue on but I'll cut it short. So, yeah, we've moved - BUT we are still Louisianians at heart. We brought a little more Cajun, LSU Tigers, and southern charm to Texas, that's all! ;o)
 Take One.
 Take Three. ;)
 Reckling Park @ Rice watching daddy coach.
 Pool fun!
 Splash park!
Our park. They love it here!

We sure can't complain so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment