Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Excuse the Mess


I am constantly reminded that I have 3 small children, a dog, and a husband. I really don't need pity stares when you visit our home, or see my less than clean van, or look at my older and slightly stained clothing. Nope. I don't need your pity. I promise it bothers you more than it bothers me or any of the above listed humans & canine. We don't care. You know why? Because we LIVE. Is our home a bit messy at times? Sure. Filthy? Never (Okay well on occasion. Messes happen. We clean em'). But the fact remains, we live in our home, travel in our van, and tend to make messes here and there. Which is what those things were made for after all. There is laughter, joy, and memory-making in this house. We experience sadness, frustration, and grace here. Humility and a slew of other emotions, too. We don't have time to keep our home in pristine condition. We're too busy LIVING here. The mess, whether it be big or small, means we are blessed. Take some time today to just live. Hug your littles, your fur babies, or your spouse. Play, laugh, and have some fun!

On a lighter note, family came in to visit and spend the 4th of July with us. It was great having them here. We hope y'all had a great one. We did!
 
  
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment