Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A wee bit about life lately.

I've really let my blog hang around on the back burner lately. Who can really blame me though? I've got some kiddos at home to play with! They keep me very busy. ;)

So, plenty has happened since my last post. Emma turned 6. Holy canoli, right? Where did that come from? We also had things like, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kristopher's baptism, & Amelia's 2nd birthday (holy canoli again, I know)! Each and every one of them were absolutely perfect. God has surely blessed our family.

Okay, so I recently shared a post about things you shouldn't ask large families.
Such a spot-on read! I only have three and I get these questions. Not to mention the many questions that weren't even listed. You'd be seriously surprised at some of the things people say/ask.

Someone once said to me, "You do know that you will be miserable and never get to have fun if you keep having kids, right"? Seriously? SERIOUSLY. I won't apologize for the fact that my fun may not include an alcohol induced coma/hangover where you feel like death or a night out every weekend just to hang with my friends (which I do still get to do sometimes -- the hanging out part I mean). I still have girls nights with friends. I still have date nights with my amazing husband (shout out babe! lol). I even still get to drink a little if I choose. But you know what I get that they don't? I get to rock my babies when they need or want comfort knowing they feel better when I do. I get to feel the love the have for me. I get to play outside and smile in awe of the happiness I see. I get to see the look on their faces Christmas morning when they see their gifts under the tree. I get to feel the joy when they feel better just because Momma kissed their boo-boos. So, yes you may seem like you're having more fun, but in my opinion you aren't. I get to enjoy both a social life and a family life. Booyah! My friend Jessica also had a great one to add that she hears as a mother of 5 beautiful kiddos and I agree with her usual comeback --> "Better you than me"! and her reply is "I agree". ;)

Alright enough of that...here are some photos that'll make y'all smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment