Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TWO-sday

I've decided that I'm going to make Tuesdays actually TWO-sdays where I post either two recipes, two photos, two mishaps (those happen a lot in this household), two things I'm thankful for, two...something. Every Tuesday. Yeah? Okay!

This TWO-sday post will be a little mix of both. Something I'm thankful for and a recipe.

1. I'm thankful for being able to spend time with my Momma today. She is such an amazing woman. My younger littles and I decided to go down and help her with Emma's Halloween costume. She chose Aquamarine. Which if you don't already know, is a pretty little blonde mermaid/her favorite movie. 
Anyhow, my mom, being the awesome person she is, is helping me make it. (I priced mermaid tails online...RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!) My super awesome momma brings me to number 2 for my TWO-sday also...

2. Homemade hot chocolate for this fall. I mean, who doesn't love to stay warm and toasty on a crisp fall day? So, here's a really simple little hot chocolate recipe she taught me. I grew up loving it and now my kiddos do, too. This may not be the best you've ever had, but I promise it's simple and oh-so-good! (Plus, I'd argue that it probably is the best anyway)! haha
((YUM! Not my pic. But doesn't this make you want it even more now?!))
What you'll need:
1 tablespoon of Hershey's powdered cocoa
1 can of evaporated milk
2/3 cup of regular granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

How to make this chocolate greatness:
- Bring 3 cups of water to a light boil. (Once boiling turn temperature down to Low/Medium setting).
- Mix in Hershey's cocoa powder and sugar and stir until mixed completely. (Turn temp. to Low).
- Add vanilla and evaporated milk while continuously stirring. (Turn burner off).
- Voila! That's it! So, so simple and yummy!

Just be careful not to burn yourself because although your temperature was reduced, it will still be very hot! You can also add in some small marshmallows if you have them. Enjoy y'all!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment