Monday, November 14, 2011

Adventure Day [Vol. 1]

Fun. Amusing. Tiring.

Our Adventure Day turned out to be somewhat uneventful but we had a blast doing it. We started the day getting rubber ducky clean and getting dressed in some comfy outfits (picked out by Em), then headed downstairs to join Kris. This was the view out of my kitchen window when I came downstairs and was talking to the hubby...

Meet Libby Ross. She's our hunk of pup that we adore.

Scared the daylights outta' me since I wasn't expecting her to jump up there! She's getting pretty big and she's only 4 months old - yowsa!

Back to the adventure...(Sorry, I get a little off the subject from time-to-time, so I'm apologizing in advance for it for the rest of forever since it'll more than likely happen often). We headed to see my brother-in-law and his family next, singing our hearts out along the way (Kidz Bop - Taylor Swift). Emma had a blast running around, getting sweaty, and eventually smelling the the adorable pup I mentioned above. Remember when our parents use to say, "Ew! You smell like 'outside', go take a bath!" I never knew exactly what they meant until now. Jeezums - kids are stinky!

The guys watched the Saints vs. Falcons game
and screamed like the refs could actually hear them.


We won by the way. Go Saints! :)

Then we left to go do what I'd been looking forward to all day...feeding the ducks at Jean Lafitte National Park. It's so beautiful there and there are so many ducks to feed! Emma had a blast and Kris and I had the time of our lives listening to her giggle and watching her let the ducks snatch the bread right out of her hand.




Then there were ANTS! Actually only ONE ant, but it made her completely freak out and this was the result...


Thank goodness for a swift Daddy who can make your upside down world right again. Just by checking your boots (and holding you at the same time). Phew! Thanks SuperDad! ;c)



All-in-all, I'd say our first Adventure Day was pretty awesome.
And what's an awesome day without some sugar and a funny face?








1 comment:

  1. beautiful family! glad yall enjoyed yalls day together;

    ReplyDelete