I'm still suffering from my Turkey Day Coma.
I was going to post for Thanksgiving, but something didn't feel right at the time. I didn't know why (it definately wasn't writer's block).
Now I do...
I started thinking about Thanksgiving and Black Friday...you know - the whole nine yards of spending time with family and then shopping 'til you drop, and I noticed something. We spend Thanksgiving Day sharing how thankful we are for the things and people we have in our lives, then the next morning comes along (or that night actually this year), and people are pusing, shoving and hurting others just to score on a "deal". Ironic right? It's not worth it to me. Yes, I am one of those people who goes out to shop with my family, but you will NEVER catch me pushing, pulling or cussing at anyone just to get that 10 bucks off. If I get something I'm going for - great! If not, well that's okay too. So I urge y'all this holiday season to not forget about the things we were thankful for in the beginning. Remember to take the time to cherish what you have. After all, that is what the actual holiday is for right? :c)
Our Thanksgiving started off with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Emma LOVED every
minute of it. Enough to yell "Mom, Mom, Mom, come see this!", 20 billion times (yeah, that's way
more than it actually was, but it felt like 20 billion at the time).
Sisterly love. <3
All-in-all, our Thanksgiving was pretty grand. The ONLY thing that could have made it any
better is if Kris were there to share it with us. We sure are thankful for him. :c)



Very glad to hear yall had a great thanksgiving! Emma is such a precious little doll.
ReplyDelete