Saturday, November 19, 2011

New Beginnings

Okay, it's time to fill y'all in on a little secret of ours. We're moving. Not just to another house, or even another town. We'll be in another state all together. I wish I could say it's nearby, but it isn't. It's approximately 28 hours away (drive time w/no stopping). Which I mean, come on...that'll never happen. We'll have a 4 year old, a brand new baby and a puppy whose bladder is the size of a nickel! No worries though, we'll make it. Even if it takes 48 hours to actually get there. I'm sure y'all are thinking okay, okay...get on with it. So I'll let Emma show you...

(Crappy iPhone photo, I know. Sorry!)
Yep. Legendary North Dakota. It'll be fun, exciting, different, and cold. Very cold. Most of all though, it'll be rewarding and a blessing. You see, we aren't doing this just because. We're doing it because my husband dreamed it (no, not like an actual dream. More like MLK's "I had a dream"). As his wife and #1 supporter, I'm going to be beside him 100%, ready to make it happen. I know he'll succeed. He's an amazing person and one of the most dedicated workers I've ever seen. He deserves it (yes, my opinion is biased, but get to know him and I know you'll agree). :c) Kris will be the proud owner of Cadwell Rentals (and lucky me, I get all the paperwork *sigh*). So, we're going from Houma, LA to approximately 1 hour south of Canada...yes, CANADA! Let me show y'all so you can see just how far...


Yeah, pretty long distance. Honestly though, we can't wait. Sure, we'll miss family, friends, cajun food, and Mardi Gras, but we'll gain so much too...

New friends.
Experience.
Family time.
Seeing sunflower fields.
New animals.
A State Fair (I absolutely cannot wait for this).
Different topography.
SNOW!

I could go on and on but I'll just leave it at this...we're looking forward to our adventure in North Dakota. And besides, I'll still have this wee little blog to keep y'all updated on our lives so you guys won't miss out on much! ;c)

I'll leave y'all with some photos Em and I have been oogling while waiting for our journey to begin in "North 'Acoda" as she calls it.






PS - When I asked Em if she wanted to move she didn't even hesitate with her answer. She said NO. When I told her it snows there, she said, "Okay, we can move 'cause I can do this". ("This" happened to be her laying down on the floor in my kitchen making an imaginary snow angel.) Gosh, I love that kid. I wonder if she even knows how cold she's going to be making that 1st snow angel? Eh...I'll let her find out on her own.

4 comments:

  1. Well I am shocked but I am very happy for yall! God has a plan and as long as you feel it you need to go with it. It is so awesome how you are standing by Kris and believing in him the way that you do. Thats what a marriage and family is all about. Best of luck to yall. (I need your help in how to set up a blog, please before you leave)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do I begin? After being in shock when you told me the news, the first thing I felt was lonely and you guys hadn't even left yet. Megan I am so proud of you and Kris. We've always told you as you were growing up to follow your dreams(just didn't think they would take you so far away,lol)so don't stop now. Yes I will miss you all a heck of a lot, it will take a lot of getting used to not being able to see yall all the time and spoil our new little girl on the way, but Thank God for Skype! Know that I am always here for you and your family even though it's like a million miles away,lol! Love you guys "To the moon and back!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving away from South Louisiana, while painful and a bit sad, was the best decision my husband and I have ever made. I'll warn you though, the first couple years might be tough and even a bit lonely, but in time, it gets better. :)

    I'm so excited for y'all. If you need any snow removal tips, hollaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kelli: Give me a call when you can. I'd love to help with that.

    @Ginmariea: We love y'all "To the moon and back" too! Looking forward to playing in the snow with y'all (just come before it's so cold I'm freezing my britches off!).

    @Jess: Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. It's good to know I won't be the only Southern transplant to a Yankee town! :)

    ReplyDelete